- Time: 30 min
- Serving Size: 4
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 egg whites or 1 whole egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 flatbreads (such as naan, lavash or pita bread)
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Combine Ground Beef, breadcrumbs, egg whites, parsley, water, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into sixteen 1-1/4-inch meatballs.
2. Thread meatballs onto four 10-inch skewers. Place on rack in broiler pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in 400°F oven 18 to 20 minutes.Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
3. Remove meatballs from skewers. Serve in flatbreads. Garnish with Toppings, as desired