Resources for Foodservice Professionals
The Kansas Beef Council is pleased to offer resources and education for beef menu concepts to onsite foodservice professionals.
- Improve your knowledge about issues customers care about such as climate (sustainable food systems), animal welfare, farmers, nutrition and health, local food purchasing, and DELICIOUS TASTING BEEF
- Explore beef’s many attributes that make it a great part of the menu through cooking lessons, procurement resources, and nutrition information
Cooking Lessons and Recipe Collections
Explore innovative and classic beef dishes that will inspire your menu!
Want to know how to make a delicious stir-fry or how to perfectly brown Ground Beef? Curious about the best way to grill a steak or braise a pot roast? Our cooking lessons have everything that you need! With step-by-step directions, recipes to try, and an easy way to shop the ingredients needed (using the new “Get Ingredients” button), you’ll have a new skill mastered by dinnertime. Click the links below to get started!
The versatility of Ground Beef has made it one of American’s all-time favorite go-to cuts. From hamburgers to lasagna, tacos to meatloaf, pasta sauce to wraps, it offers quick, easy and delicious options for any meal and for any occasion. Click below to find recipe ideas, cooking techniques, and understanding grinds, safety, and nutrition information.
Stew meat, no matter the cut, is a cost-effective and versatile cut that can be applied to many different recipes and help boost your bottom line. Stew meat can be obtained a variety of ways such as cutting it in-house, ordering it pre-cut and even pre-marinated. It’s best to consult your supplier to find out what’s available in your area, but click below to find recipes and cut information.
Beef strips, also labeled stir fry, fajita meat or shaved beef is another cost-effective and versatile cut that can be applied to many different recipes and help boost your bottom line. Strip meat can also be obtained a variety of ways, so it’s best to consult your supplier to find out what’s available in your area. Click the links below to find recipes and cut information.
Beef is an excellent source of protein and supplies 10 essential nutrients including B-vitamins, zinc, and iron that support an active and healthy lifestyle. The nutrients in beef provide our bodies with the strength to thrive throughout all stages of life. Learn more about beef’s nutrients below by clicking on the link.
While the U.S. already produces the most sustainable beef in the world through decades of improvement and innovation, U.S. cattle farmers and ranchers are committed to producing high-quality, sustainable beef for generations to come. Since the 1960’s, the U.S. beef industry has reduced emissions by 40% while producing 60% more beef,1,2 and according to the Environmental Protection Agency, greenhouse gas from beef cattle only represents 2% of emission in the U.S.3
- USDA-NASS Quick Stats Tools. Available at: https://quickstats.nass.usda.gov/results/3AC161F7-F361-3A66-9B6C-2E1220FEBF52?pivot=short_desc
- U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization. FAOSTAT Database – Food and agricultural data. Available at: http://www.fao.org/faostat/en/#home
- EPA. 2019. Inventory of U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Sinks: 1990-2017. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, D.C.