grande beef empanada
Prepared pie dough is stuffed with a savory mixture of Ground Beef, raisins, chili sauce and seasonings. The recipe includes entrée or appetizer portions.
- Time: 40 - 45 minutes
- Serving Size: 4
- 1 pound Ground Beef (80% to 85% lean)
- 1/4 cup raisins, chopped
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of 15-ounce package)
- Toppings: Prepared salsa, salsa con queso, chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into small crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness
3. Unfold pie crust; place on baking sheet. Spoon beef mixture evenly over 1/2 of dough, leaving 1-1/2-inch border around edge. Moisten edge of dough with water; fold pastry over filling. Press edges of dough together with fork to seal. Prick center of dough with fork once or twice to form steam vents.
Test Kitchen Tips: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.