Aloha Beef Sliders
Ground Beef, pineapple, barbecue sauce and red bell pepper create a meal from the islands.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 12 sweet Hawaiian honey wheat dinner rolls, split, warmed
- Sweet or dill pickle slices or pickled jalapeños
Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef, onion and bell pepper; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
Stir in barbecue sauce, Worcestershire and pineapple. Bring to a boil and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.
Divide beef mixture evenly onto rolls. Garnish with toppings, if desired.