Beef Certificate Program for FCS & Prostart Foods Classrooms
The Kansas Beef Council (KBC) and the Kansas Corn Commission will reimburse Kansas high school and middle school FCS foods classes and ProStart programs for the purchase of beef used in classes and teaching labs. Your school is eligible for reimbursement based upon the number of students enrolled in FCS foods classes and the school classification for ProStart programs. Funds will be allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis. Funds are only available in Kansas schools.
These funds provide financial support for the purchase of beef for use in classroom lessons about lean beef selection, storage, preparation and nutrition. The funds are to be used in classroom activities only. They are not to be used for purchase of beef dinners, prom, concession stands, fundraising, special events, etc.
How to receive funds
- Complete the online Beef Grant Application prior to purchasing beef
- KBC will contact you with an approval and the amount of reimbursement your school is eligible for via email.
- Purchase beef and keep copies of all receipts
- Submit the following documents: Reimbursement Request / Evaluation form, photocopy of receipts, and lesson plans or syllabus summary
- No funds will be issued after June 30, 2021
- Only beef may be purchased for KBC reimbursement funds and must be used in FCS foods classrooms or ProStart program teaching labs.
- Qualifying beef purchases include fresh, frozen or fully cooked beef cuts such as steaks, roasts or ground beef.
- To receive reimbursement, receipts for beef purchases must be submitted to KBC. If the receipt only has "meat" listed on the receipt, please write the cut purchased or include a copy (digital photo) of the label from the package.
- Receipts MUST include the printed date and be legible. Illegible receipts with no date will NOT be accepted.
- A lesson plan or syllabus summary also should accompany receipts, showing how these products are being used in the curriculum.