beefy 7-layer dip
Try this recipe at your next party. Ground Beef sausage joins other Mexican-style fillings for this cheesy party favorite.
- Time: 40 minutes
- Serving Size: 12
- 1lb lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup diced, seeded tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced mild green chiles
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, trimmed, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
- 1-1/2 cups Mexican blend cheese
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Heat large oven-proof non-stock skillet over medium heat until hot. Add oil, beef and onion; cook 5 minutes until onions are soft.
3. Add taco seasoning; cook 8-10 minutes, breaking beef into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from heat and drain.
4. Stir in sour cream and tomato paste.
5. Top beef with tomatoes, beans, corn, chiles, jalapeno peppers, cilantro. Sprinkle mixture with cumin and chile powder; top with cheese. Bake in 350 degree F oven 20 minutes or until cheese has melted and starting to brown. Remove skillet from oven. Garnish with squeeze of lime, as desired. Seve with chips or tortillas as desired.