beef pasty pie
A pasty is traditionally held in your hand, but trust us: You won’t mind the bowl. Ground Beef and a hearty carrot-onion-potato blend topped with flaky pie crust.
- Time: 50 min
- Serving Size: 4
- 1-1/2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of 15-ounce package)
- 1-1/4 cups shredded carrots
- 1-1/4 cups shredded russet potatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded onion1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Ketchup or beef gravy (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine Ground Beef , carrots, potatoes, onion, salt and pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Divide mixture evenly into 4-6 ovenproof ramekins or bowls, packing mixture down evenly. Set aside.
2. Unfold pie crust on flat surface, pressing out fold lines with fingers. Cut crust evenly into six circles, about 3-3/4 inch in diameter. Place crust over each ramekin allowing edges to drape over ramekin rim; crimping edges to seal. Cut three slits in crust to vent; brush top with egg.
Place ramekins on lined baking sheet. Bake in 400°F oven 30 to 35 minutes, until instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 160°F and crust is golden brown.
4. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with ketchup or gravy, if desired.