Korean Beef Skillet
Add some freshness to a delicious Ground Beef skillet recipe. Korean barbecue sauce is enhanced with the addition of fresh bok choy, bean sprouts, and green onions.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% or leaner)
- 2 cups baby or regular bok choy, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Korean barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1/2 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Hot cooked brown rice
- Thinly sliced seaweed and thinly sliced red radishes
Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef, bok choy and garlic; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into small crumbles and stirring occasionally.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
Stir in barbecue sauce, water, red pepper; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in cabbage, bean sprouts and green onion. Let stand 5 minutes.
Serve beef mixture over rice. Top with seaweed and red radish, if desired.