Berbere Spiced Grilled Flat Iron with Garlic-Herb grilled Eggplant
This grilled Flat Iron Steak recipe features a berbere spice blend inspired by African cuisine. Complete the meal with a garlic-herb grilled eggplant.
- 1 beef Flat Iron Steak (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 eggplant, (Cut into 1/2 inch slices)
- 2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 slices naan bread
- Greek-style yogurt
- fresh parsley
Cut Flat Iron evenly into 4 steaks (about 4 - 6 ounces each)
Combine all rub seasoning in a small bowl. Spread evenly onto all surfaces of the steaks.
Place steaks onto a preheated gas grill, covered, 10 to 14 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove from grill and let rest for at least 5 minutes. Serve with grilled eggplant naan bread, and yogurt.
- In a small bowl combine garlic, oregano, salt, olive oil, and eggplant. Toss eggplant making sure all sides are coated evenly.
- Grill eggplant on gas grill for 4 - 6 minutes flipping half way through. Remove from grill and keep warm.