Beef and Cheese Burritos
Top this Ground Beef burrito with cheese, salsa, and all your favorite toppings.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper (1/4 inch)
- 1/2 cup diced onion (1/4 inch)
- 1 tablespoon Mexican spice blend
- 1 can (15 ounces) unsalted pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 4 whole wheat flour tortillas (10-inch diameter)
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice, warmed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Thinly sliced lettuce, chopped tomato, sliced ripe olives, diced fresh or pickled jalapenos
Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef, bell pepper, onion and Mexican spice blend. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef into small crumbles and stirring occasionally.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
Add beans and salsa to skillet; cook 3 to 5 minutes until heated through.
Divide beef mixture amount the center of 4 tortillas, leaving 1-1/2-inch border at bottom. Top beef mixture with rice and cheese. Fold bottom edge up over filling. Fold right and left sides to center, overlapping edges. Serve with toppings, as desired.