Mediterranean Beef with Mixed Olives and Feta
A slow cooker dish that's big on flavor! Stew Meat is cooked to fork-tender perfection along with canned tomatoes and olives. Rice and feta cheese round out the meal.
- 2 pounds beef Stew Meat, cut into 1/2 to 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 cans (14-1/2 to 15 ounces each) chili-seasoned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup assorted olives, pitted, cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Place beef Stew Meat, tomatoes and olives in 3-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 5 to 6 hours or on LOW 8 to 9 hours or until beef is fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.) Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Serve over rice, as desired. Sprinkle with cheese.
Cook's Tip: For more Mediterranean flavor, add grated lemon peel to the cooked basmati rice.
Alternate Cooking Method:
- This recipe can be made in a 6-quart electric pressure cooker. Place beef Stew Meat, tomatoes, olives, salt and pepper in pressure cooker; mix well. Close and lock pressure cooker lid. Use meat, stew or high-pressure setting on pressure cooker; program 22 minutes on pressure cooker timer. Use quick-release feature to release pressure; carefully remove lid. Continue as directed in step 2. (This recipe variation was tested in an electric pressure cooker at high altitude. Cooking at an altitude of less than 3000 feet may require slightly less cooking time. Refer to the manufacturer’s instructions.)