sweet onion and pepper beef sandwiches
Spend less time preparing meals and more time enjoying them with those you love. Tasty flavors of slow cooked beef, sweet onions and bell peppers are combined with your favorite cheese and French bread for an incredible sandwich.
- Time: 9-10 hours
- Serves 10
- 3 to 3-1/2 pounds beef Stew Meat, cut into 1 to 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 2 medium sweet onions, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 red bell pepper, cut lengthwise into 1-inch wide strips
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup added tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 8 to 10 French bread rolls, split, warmed
Place onions in 5-1/2 quart slow cooker; top with beef, then pepper slices. Combine beef broth, tomato paste, soy sauce and garlic; add to slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 6 to 7 hours or LOW 8 to 10 hours or until beef is fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.) Skim fat from cooking liquid, if necessary.
Place beef mixture on French bread roll and top with cheese. Toast in oven.