stuffed meatball rolls
Ground Beef Italian-style sausage is stuffed with mozzarella cheese and baked in dough for a bite-sized recipe packed with flavor.
- Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Serves 12
- 1 recipe Italian-Style Beef Sausage
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 12 cherry-sized mozzarella balls (about 6 ounces)
- 12 ounces refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine Italian-Style Beef Sausage mixture, 1 egg and bread crumbs in large bowl; mixing thoroughly. Shape into 12, 2-inch meatballs. Place a mozzarella ball in the middle of each meatball, making sure the mozzarella ball is completely covered with the beef mixture. Place meatballs on aluminum-foiled lined broiler rack coated with cooking spray. Bake in 400°F oven 24 to 27 minutes.
2. Cut dough into 12 pieces, about 1 ounce each. Stretch each piece to cover 1 meatball, pinching the edges to seal. Place on parchment-lines shallow-rimmed baking sheet, seam-side down. Place remaining 1 egg in small bowl, beat with a fork. Brush rolls with egg; top with Parmesan cheese.
3. Bake rolls in 400°F oven 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with marinara sauce and basil, as desired.