- Time: 1 hour
- Serving Size: 6
- 2 pounds beef Country-Style Ribs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 3 medium poblano peppers, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1 to 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
Pressure cooker Instructions
1. Brown beef in batches.
2. Add onion, poblano peppers and chipotle peppers to the beef ribs.
3. Top with tomatoes.
4. Close and lock pressure cooker lid. Use beef, stew or high-pressure setting on pressure cooker; program 50-60 minutes on pressure cooker timer. Use quick release feature to release pressure; carefully remove lid.
5. Remove beef; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Spoon cooking liquid over beef. Garnish with chopped onion, cilantro and lime wedges, if desired.
slow COOKER INSTRUCTIONS
- Recipe can be prepared in a 3-1/2 to 5-1/2 quart slow cooker. Browning beef ribs is optional. Place ribs, poblano peppers, onion and chipotle peppers in 3-1/2 to 5-quart slow cooker. Top with tomatoes. Cover and cook on LOW 7-1/2 to 8-1/2 hours, or on HIGH 5 to 6 hours or until beef is fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.) Remove beef; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Spoon cooking liquid over beef. Garnish with chopped onion, cilantro and lime wedges, if desired.