Ribeye cap po'boy
This Po’boy hit the lottery when it was stuffed with rich beef Ribeye Cap rubbed in McCormick Culinary® Cajun Seasoning and topped with mayo, lettuce, tomato and pickles. This flavorful, often forgotten cut comes from the top of the Ribeye Roast and is cooked to perfection. More Cajun Seasoning is mixed into the mayo, further adding to this Po’boy’s opulence.
- Time: Varies by cooking surface
- Serving Size: 4
- 1 thick cut beef Ribeye (about 2 pounds)
- Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 french bread rolls, split or french baguette, cut into quarters
- Garnish: Lettuce, tomato, pickles
- 1. Prepare grill for two-zone cooking. For charcoal grills, place coals on one side of the grill leaving plenty of room on the opposite side for the steak(s).
- 2. Rub cajun seasoning and oil evenly onto all surfaces of the beef Ribeye Steak. Insert grill-ready thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of steak, not resting in fat.
- 3. Place steaks on the warm section of the grill away from the direct heat of the coals. Cover the grill and vent. Remove steak when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare. Transfer steak to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil and let it rest 15-20 minutes until an internal temp of 145°F (for Medium doneness).
- 4. Remove steak from foil and place over coals to sear on either side.
- 5. Combine 1 tablespoon seasoning, mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice in a medium bowl; mixing thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate at least 10 minutes.
- 6. Spread cut sides of each baguette with Cajun mayonnaise mixture. Top bottom of baguette with lettuce. Evenly layer steak slices, tomato and pickle, as desired.
- 7. Close sandwich and enjoy a job well-done.