easy one pot lasagna
Less muss and less fuss, but still oh-so-satisfying. Blend all the basics—Ground Beef, zucchini, pasta, sauce and cheese—in a single pot, then finish in the oven. Recipe developed by Oh Sweet Basil and The Beef Checkoff
- Time: 50 min
- Serves 4
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 jar (24 to 26 ounces) garden-style pasta sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces uncooked mini bow tie (farfalle) pasta (about 2-1/8 cups)
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Thinly sliced or chopped fresh basil
1. Prepare recipe as directed above using 12-inch nonstick skillet and adding uncooked pasta with pasta sauce, water and pepper in step 2.
2. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and cook on stovetop 8 to 11 minutes (13 to 15 minutes for regular bow tie pasta) or until pasta is tender, stirring once.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Swirl ricotta into sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand 5 minutes or until mozzarella cheese is melted.