This is a bulletproof recipe for the kids and a unique item to bring to your next potluck. These meatball sliders take lean ground beef meatballs and combine them with cheese, marinara sauce and a garlic-covered dinner roll to create perfection on a plate. Get ready to put these into your regular dinner rotation.
- Time: 35 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 12 dinner rolls
- 1/4 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbs milk
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 2 cups grated fontina or low-moisture mozzarella cheese
- Chopped parsley and basil
- Garlic spread
1. Heat oven to 400° F. Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt, pepper, milk in large bowl and mix. Shape into 12 2-inch meatballs. Place on aluminum foil-covered pan. Bake in 400° F oven 24-27 minutes until internal temperature reaches 160° F.
2. Meanwhile, place packaged dinner rolls on a glass pan. Using a knife, cut out the center of the dinner rolls and set aside. Brush melted garlic spread over rolls and sprinkle with parsley. Bake for 7-10 minutes until rolls turn golden brown. Remove.
3. Place 1/4 slice of cheese in each dinner roll, then place a meatball on top of the cheese. Each roll should have 1/4 slice of cheese and one meatball in it.
4. Pour marinara sauce over the rolls and top with shredded cheese. Return to oven until cheese is evenly melted. Top with chopped basil and serve.