ground beef breakfast sausage
This Ground Beef sausage is a great compliment to your favorite breakfast treats. Try it as sausage patties or crumbles.
- Time: 20 MIN
- Serves 4
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1.Combine Ground Beef and seasonings in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
2. To make patties, lightly shape sausage mixture into four 1/2-inch thick patties. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add patties; cook 10 to 12 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
- 3. To prepare crumbles, heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add sausage mixture; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.