green chile beef
This soul-warming chili is simple to prepare. Using leftover beef Brisket, add onion, jalapeno peppers, garlic, chilies and tomatoes, then simmer to deepen the chili's rich flavors.
- Time: 40 min
- Serves 4
- 12 ounces cooked (leftover) beef Brisket, cubed or shredded (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, seeded, chopped 4 cloves garlic, minced 3 cups canned diced green chiles 1 can (14.5 ounces) fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained 2 tablespoons dairy sour cream
- 1. Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Add onion, jalapeño pepper and garlic; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Stir in beef Brisket, chiles and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes to develop flavors, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Remove from heat. Stir in 2 tablespoons sour cream. Garnish with additional sour cream, tortilla chips, cheese, avocado or guacamole, if desired.