easy sheet pan meatloaf with potatoes
This is a remarkably easy meatloaf recipe with tons of beefy flavor and a sweet sauce that will fill the family and not the dish washer. Using 93% lean or leaner ground beef means minimal grease and plenty of lean protein for the family while the mix of red and sweet potatoes adds splashes of color and a great side dish at the same time.
- 1 Hour and 30 Minutes
- Makes 6 Servings
1 - 1/2 pounds Ground Beef (93% or leaner)
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
1 cup dry bread crumbs
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dried parsley leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 pound red potatoes, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
1 pound sweet potatoes, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Heat oven to 400 Degrees. Reserve 1/4 cup of tomato sauce; set aside.
- Combine Ground Beef, remaining tomato sauce, bread crumbs, onion, egg, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt and pepper in large bowl; mixing lightly but thoroughly
- Shape beef mixture into 8 x 4 x 2-inch loaf on parchment-lined sheet pan
- Place sheet pan on the center rack of oven, bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 40 minutes. Cook until meatloaf is slightly browned
- Meanwhile, combine reserved tomato sauce with brown sugar and dry mustard. Spread the sauce evenly over top of meatloaf
- Toss potatoes with nonstick cooking spray, garlic salt and pepper.
- Spread sauce evenly over top of meatloaf, stir potatoes, and cook until instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of meatloaf registers 160 degrees and potatoes are tender.