easy ground beef chili mac
Serve this classic chili atop noodles and offer kids a variety of toppings.
- Time: 50 min
- Servies 4
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (8 ounces) no-salt added tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chile powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked whole wheat macaroni (optional)
1. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef and onions; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings, as necessary.
2.Stir in beans, tomato sauce, corn, water, spices and herbs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over macaroni, if desired. Garnish with toppings, as desired
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.