carne asada marinade
This easy carne asada marinade will cook up a delicious and tender steak that can be used in anything from salads to carne asada fries.
- 1 beef Skirt Steak or Flank Steak (about 2 pounds)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (12 ounces) Herdez® Roasted Pasilla Chile Mexican Cooking Sauce
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
1. Season steaks with salt and pepper; set aside. Combine Herdez® Roasted Pasilla Mexican Cooking Sauce, onion, orange juice and garlic in large food-safe plastic bag. Place steaks in bag with marinade; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator for 6 hours to overnight.
2. Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 7 to 12 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered 8 to 12 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
3. Remove; let stand 5 minutes. Carve steaks into slices and use with your favorite recipes.