one pan Beefy pasta primavera
Do you only have 30 minutes tops to make a meal that tastes good and the kids will actually eat? Lean beef, pasta, and vegetables come together perfectly in this balanced plate that won't make a mess of the kitchen.
- Time: 25-30 minutes
- 4 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef (93% or leaner)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 cup uncooked whole-grain pasta
- 1 zucchini cut in half lengthwise then crosswise
- 1 yellow squash cut in half lengthwise then crosswise
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional, but seriously, who doesn't love parmesan cheese?)
Heat large non-stick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef; cook 8-10 minutes, breaking into 3/4 inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings.
Stir in broth and pasta; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 7-11 minutes or until pasta is almost tender. Add squash, zucchini and tomatoes; continue to cook 4 to 6 minutes or until pasta is tender and sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Garnish with parmesan cheese, if desired.