short ribs with ginger-mango bbq sauce
Combine juicy mango and classic barbecue sauce for an unexpected tangy addition to melt-in-your-mouth slow cooked Boneless Beef Short Ribs. If you're like us, the slow cooker has a permanent spot on the counter, regardless of the season. Who doesn't love the convenience and melt-in-your-mouth tenderness of beef prepared in the slow cooker? Fresh mango, a smokey hickory-flavored BBQ sauce and succulent beef short ribs make this a perfect recipe for spring and summer get togethers.
- Time: 6.5 hours
- Serves: 6
- 2 pounds beef Short Ribs Boneless, cut 2 x 2 x 4-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups diced fresh or jarred mango, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup hickory-flavored barbecue sauce
1. Place beef Short Ribs bone-side down in the slow cooker. Add mango, onion and ginger. Cover and cook on high 5-6 hours or low 7-1/2 to 8-1/2 hours until beef is fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking)
Remove short ribs, season with salt and pepper, as desired. Skim fat from cooking liquid; serve over short ribs.