aloha beef sliders
Ground Beef, pineapple, barbecue sauce and red bell pepper create a meal from the islands. We love this recipe because it is an easy, budget-friendly meal the kids will love
- Time: 30 min
- Serves 4
- 1 pound ground beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 12 sweet Hawaiian honey wheat dinner rolls, split, warmed
Toppings: Sweet or dill pickle slices or jalapeños
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef, onion and bell pepper; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Cook until beef reaches an internal temperature of 160° F.
- Stir in barbecue sauce, Worcestershire and pineapple. Bring to a boil and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Divide beef mixture evenly onto rolls. Garnish with toppings, if desired.