Section 1: General
While we have many beef producers on the team, you don’t have to have any experience in beef production or agriculture to be part of the community. Our team is open to anyone who values living a healthy and active lifestyle and fuels their workouts with lean beef.
Team Beef is for athletes of all shapes, sizes and fitness levels who are passionate about leading an active and healthy lifestyle and fueling their workouts with lean beef. Whether you’re just starting your fitness journey, enjoy the frequent 5K, are a marathon runner, elite cyclist, or triathlete, you have a place on Team Beef.
There are Team Beef members across the country. Many states have their own Team Beef, and we suggest you find one of those programs to participate in. Feel free to email us if you have any difficulty finding one.
As of 2019, members must participate in at least one approved race per year to maintain active membership. Since this is a new requirement, all members will be considered “active” going into 2019. If you don’t maintain active membership, you must submit an application again and go through the approval process to receive reimbursement. Applications open in the Fall of each year and new / reactivated members will be notified in January the following year.
While we completely support and encourage children to lead active and healthy lifestyles, we currently do not have a kids program. We do offer Team Beef T-Shirts for children of all ages who are participating in fun runs. You can purchase these through our Squad Locker store.
Sign-ups are from November to December. We notify new members in January. There may be additional sign-up periods throughout the year as needed. Talk to a Team Beef member for more information.
New members are notified in January.
Once accepted, you will be sent a link to purchase your jersey(s). Shipping may take several weeks after purchase.
Section 2: Races and Reimbursements
- As long as you follow the directions on the reimbursement form, you may receive full reimbursement off the early bird registration fee on any of the approved races. You may find a list of those races HERE.
- You are also allowed up to $50 per calendar year on any race that is not included in the approved race list. If your request for a non-approved race is over $50, you will only be reimbursed up to the $50 amount. For example, if your non-approved race registration is $75, you may only be reimbursed $50.
- You must be an active member to receive reimbursement.
- Reimbursements must be submitted to our online FORM within 30 days of the race.
- In order to receive race reimbursement, Team Beef Apparel must be visibly worn on the outer layer of event attire for the entire duration of each race. Exceptions to the outer layer guidelines may be granted when wearing a clear, see-through poncho over Team Beef apparel during rainy days.
- In the event of ultra-races or races that may require you to carry packs of water, do your best to make sure the logo is still visible.
- Anything marked under the “essential gear” section will count as an approved jersey for race reimbursement. These must be worn for reimbursement. Cotton T’s, sweatshirts, and the hoodies will not be considered for reimbursement.
- Pink Clothing: We know many of you support Breast Cancer awareness runs. That's awesome and we want to support you in this effort. Pink clothing options will count toward reimbursement for Breast Cancer awareness runs only. All other events must use the red or white clothing option listed under “essential gear” to be reimbursed.
You must provide a receipt from the race that shows your name and proof of payment.
Reimbursements must be submitted within thirty (30) days of the race. Links to these forms can be found HERE. After 30 days, your reimbursement request will not be considered.
Please allow 6-8 weeks for reimbursement to be mailed.
The bib should be placed on the jersey and may not cover any part of the logo.
You may run as many approved races as you like and up to $50 worth of non-approved races.
Many of our members are proud to be part of the Team Beef community and truly value the support and encouragement they receive at races, whether it’s an approved race or not.
Many members pay the bulk race fee for the 39.3 Heartland series. That is completely acceptable. However, you will only receive payment after each race is completed. For example, if you finish Running with the Cows, submit your reimbursement request within 30 days of the race and you will be reimbursed for that portion of the series.
All relay races must receive prior approval 30 days before race day. If you would like to enter a relay race, please email us with a description of the race, how many people are running, and who they are.
We know some of the races may occur during cold weather. In this event, your jersey must be worn on the outer layer. We are working on providing you cold weather options.
If your race has an official photographer or race photos, those must be used for reimbursement. If not, your photo must show a) you in your jersey; b) your bib number; c) the finish line in the background
No. There are races on the approved race list across the country. You may also choose a race outside of Kansas to use for your $50 non-approved race.
Section 3: Jerseys
Jerseys may take several weeks from the time you place your order at the Squad Locker store.
Yes, we have many other options of Team Beef swag available. Visit our Squad Locker store to view the options and place an order.
Section 4: Material Orders
If you would like to set up a booth or educational event, please email us with the event name, date, and why you would like to host a booth. Please make sure all requests are submitted to us at least 30 days prior to the event.
Section 5: Information
You can find information about beef nutrition on www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com/nutrition
You can find more information about how beef is rasied at www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com/raising-beef
You can find more information about Beef Sustainability at www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com/raising-beef/beef-sustainability
You can view the nutrition quality differences between grass-finished and grain-finished beef at www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com/cuts/grass-vs-grain